Shrinkies - DIY FunRated 5/5 based on 1 reviews.
Take a trip down memory lane with Shrinkies DIY Fun!
The DIY Fun set includes everything you need to make your own shrink art key rings. Place the pre-cut Shrinkies shapes on top of the suggested designs and trace with the enclosed fine tip marker. Tailor them to make your own designs with a collection of traceable fonts. Or simply draw your own designs from scratch!
Then colour your designs, pop them in the oven and watch them magically shrink to 40% of their original size, in front of your eyes! And the best bit… as your artwork shrinks the colours become more intense. Please note Adult Supervision is required for this project.
Follow the simple instructions for LOADS of fun:
1. Trace/design your own pre-cut Shrinkie
2. Colour your Shrinkie using the pencils provided
3. Pre-heat oven to 165℃ (325℉)
4. Line a baking tray. Place Shrinkie on the tray, coloured side up.
5. Bake in the oven for 2 minutes — Shrinkie will curl up as it shrinks before it flattens out again.
6. Use an oven mitt to remove tray from oven.
7. Leave for 5 minutes to cool before handling.
8. Once the Shrinkie is cool, create your own keyring with the enclosed connectors!
Each Shrinkies set includes:
• 10 pre-cut Shrinkie shapes
• 13 sheets of designs
• 3 double ended coloured pencils (6 colours)
• Fine tip marker
• 10 metal key rings/connectors
• Easy to follow instructions
Adult Supervision is required for this project.
Not sure who had more fun - me or the kids!By: Paula, blogger Jetsetting Kids on 9 January 2019I’m not sure who had more fun with this activity – me or the kids. We made shrinkie keyrings that reminded me of a similar (and less safe) activity that I used to do with chip packets as a kid! We spent the afternoon colouring in our artwork on special ‘shrinkie’ paper and then put it in the oven (a mum job) to watch it shrink to a very cutesy size, ready for the keyring to be applied. My son proudly made personalised shrinkies for all his mates and took them to school the next day.